Monday, January 31, 2011

31: Wordplay



Wordplay hides a key to the reality that the dictionary 
tries in vain to lock inside every free word. 
- Julio Cortazar


I haven't been able to get over the wordplay done by the priest yesterday and so I decided to dedicate a post about it. c:
Though the game featured in this entry (I forgot what it's called) isn't entirely related with the word "wordplay", it was the only thing I could find here at home. Besides, the game deals with words after all and "wordplay" does so too. And so for this entry, I'll not only be talking about "wordplay" but of this game (who's name still escapes me) as well.

I remember having played this game when I was younger with my sisters and cousins. We'd take old notebooks or scratch papers and pencils out and play the game. Sometimes it was easy but most of the time it was hard. Haha'' But it was fun and a learning experience in one. It's too bad though that this game seems to be extinct nowadays. I miss playing this thing. c:

Wordplay has its certain charm. c: I don't know why but I find them amusing and when used correctly can create a good impact on people. c: Take for example Eminem and Jason Mraz, they are good with wordplay and they incorporate it in their songs. Makes me realize that wordplay is a skill and not everyone can do it quite easily as they do. 

Anyway, I want to pose a challenge to you who's reading this post right now. Let's play the game. Write down all the words you could come up with using the photo above. Comment or send them to me via email. c:
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment