Thursday, February 3, 2011

34: Kung Hei Fat Choi

Here's to the bright new year, 
and a fond farewell to the old. 
Here's to the things that are yet to come, 
and to the memories that we hold. 
- Anonymous


What the Chinese Characters mean: Kung Hei Fat Choi (Cantonese)/ Xin Nian Kuai Le / Happy New Year


It's the Chinese New Year! c: Happy New Year of the Metal Rabbit everyone! 
I hope you'd all have a fruitful (Chinese) New Year. c:

I used Fortune Cookies in this post dedicated to the Chinese New Year because I find them tasty and I find reading my fortune amusing. I like them too because of the anticipation I get when I crack open one. The feeling of "What fortune would I get this time?" Haha'' It's childish and pathetic for most but I find it really fun and it makes me happy. c:
So, for this new year, do what makes you happy guys! BUT just as long as its not going to endanger or hurt you and other people (especially other people)! c:  Once again, Xin Nian Kuai Le! Kung Hei Fat Choi! ♥

P.S. I am not sure of the chinese characters if I made them right. Please comment or send me an email if I got them wrong.
Moreover, there's really a debate over which is the right greeting to say. I don't really know since I'm not really Chinese. However, I did some research and Kung Hei Fat Choi is acceptable, mostly used and its Cantonese. And if my memory serves me right, Cantonese is one of China's dialects or language. So yeah. c: 

No comments:

Post a Comment